Tuesday 12 January 2010

Lemon and Honey Cold Remedy


I'm going to start off with an unusual recipe. I say unusual because it is actually a cold remedy which has been in my family for as long as I can remember. And it works!

It is best taken hot and just before you go to bed as it will make you sweat the cold out.

You will need:

2 lemons
2-4 tablespoons of honey - if you don't like honey, substitute with sugar to taste.
Water

1) Wash and chop the lemons into small pieces and place in a pan
2) Add honey
3) Cover with water and simmer (with lid on) for around 15-20 minutes
4) While still in the pan, use a potato masher to extract all the flesh
5) Pour directly into a mug and drink with 2 pain killers of your choice. I use cocodamol.

Digg!

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent idea! With so many single people in broken Britain and the broken link whereby cooking recipes are not being handed down, this is useful.

    ReplyDelete